Improving Social, emotional communication with children with SEND
Sen Talk has been successfully delivering Lego®-based therapy interventions for the past three years and has conducted its own research and analysis of the programme as an intervention for not only children on the Autistic Spectrum, but also children with Attention Deficit Disorders and other social and emotional difficulties.
You will learn?
During the day you will learn the principles of LEGO®-based therapy and how to succesfully plan and deliver your own LEGO®-based therapy programme.
On the day
The training day will be delivered in parts allowing for both theory and practical. The course will be delivered by a trained LEGO®-based therapist and programme facilitator.
Part one: The principals and aims
- Introducing Lego(R)-based therapy
- How does it work? existing research, the success rate and case studies to illustrate it’s purpose.
- Who will benefit from Lego(R)-Based Therapy?
- How to structure a Lego(R)-Based Therapy session?
- Setting goals
Part two: Resources and AIDS
- Resources and equipment used in Lego(R)-based Therapy
- The Sen Talk model- why it works?
- How to modulate a session for specific needs
Part three: Assessments and Evaluations
- Monitoring and Evaluating
- Evidence-based research- current and going forward
- Standardised assessment approach
- Sen Talk- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Self Evaluation strategies
- Problem solving
Part Four: Good to know
- Information about trademark and legal responsibilitie
Cost and booking
The cost of the training day is £200 per attendee, which will includes lunch, refreshments throughout the day and resources to help participants get started.
If you require any support, or would like to get in contact please email firstname.lastname@example.org