Brick Therapy (Lego®- based Therapy) Training Day
Friday 21st June, Battersea
One full day
CPD Accredited course
Lego®- based therapy is a very popular and successful evidence-based therapy which encourages the development of social competence through collaborative play. Sen Talk has developed its own style of LEGO®-based therapy that involves the traditional model pioneered by Dr Daniel Legoff with principles from an Emotional literacy programme and Social Skills building programme. This combination makes our programme versatile and a successful intervention for a variety of needs, ages and abilities and supports children, families and professionals build a better social understanding.
Why train with Sen Talk?
Sen Talk has been successfully delivering Lego®-based therapy through a community programme for the past two years and has conducted research and analysis of the programme as an intervention for children with SEND and social and emotional difficulties. Sen Talk works at a service level and is able to give practical advice and support to any organization or educating setting to successfully incorporate the intervention within their own setting.
- Understand what autism spectrum disorder and ADHD conditions are from impairment to profile
- Understand how communication impacts our social skills
- The principles of Lego®-based therapy
- How to implement your own Lego®-based therapy programme in your education or community setting
- Knowledge and skill to adapt your programme to meet a variety of differencing need
- Lego®- based therapy and different approaches (Speech and Language and communication) from different disciplines
- Resources to aid successful intervention
- How to assess and evaluate your sessions successfully- Formal, standardised assessment
- How to monitor progress, and create SMART Targets
- The cost of the training day is £200 per attendee, which will includes lunch, refreshments throughout the day and resources to help participants get started.
If you require any support, or would like to get in contact please email email@example.com