Lego®- based Therapy Training Day
For professionals and practitioners working with children with special educational needs to improve Social and Emotional Mental Health
Wednesday 24th April 2019 (10am – 3pm)
Kambala Community Hall, 126 Fawcett close SW11 2LU
Lego®- based therapy is a very popular and successful evidence-based therapy which encourages the development of social competence through collaborative play.
Sen Talk has developed its own interpretation of LEGO®-based therapy that involves the traditional model pioneered by Dr Daniel Legoff with principles from an Emotional literacy programme and Social Skills building programme. This combination makes our programme versatile and a successful intervention for a variety of needs, ages and abilities to build a better social understanding.
Why train with Sen Talk?
Sen Talk has been successfully delivering Lego®-based therapy interventions for the past tHREE years and has conducted its own research and analysis of the programme as an intervention for not only children on the Autistic Spectrum, but also children with Attention Deficit Disorders and other social and emotional difficulties.
During the course you will learn …
- The principles of traditional Lego®-based therapy
- How to implement your own Lego®-based therapy programme in your education or community setting.
- Resources and techniques to support Emotional Literacy and Social Competence
(Unique to Sen Talk)
- How to adapt and moderate your programme to support a variety of needs
- Different approaches (Speech and Language and communication) from different disciplines to meet different outcomes
- How to successfully assess and evaluate your programme
What is included in the day?
Delegates can expect light refreshments throughout the session
A catered lunch
Expert knowledge in Lego®-based therapy
Resources to support your Lego®-Based programmes
FREE follow-up consultation session
Cost per session is £200 for professionals/practitioners
A concessionary rate of £100 for parents not working within the field
Booking can be made via Eventbrite following the link below:
Alternatively a place can be requested and paid via invoice by contacting Annaliese@sentalk.org