Children’s Programme Manager – March 2020
Due to increase need and our rapidly growing service we are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting for a Children’s Programme Manager to join our vibrant team in Battersea starting in March 2020.
About Sen Talk
Sen Talk is a unique non-for-profit organisation based in Battersea with aims to provide better outcomes for children with special educational needs of school age. The organisation is dedicated to improving the emotional and social development of children with Autism Spectrum Conditions and Attention Deficit Disorders. The organisation sets out to challenge discrimination of children with disabilities and promote inclusion through its various projects and parental support programmes as well as its vastly growing training and professional development offer.
Location: Office based in Battersea
Salary pro rate: £ 21,000 – £24,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours per week 37.5 h/pw
CRB level: Enhanced DBS/ Safeguarding certificate
Manager: Director and CEO of organisation
Responsible for: Leading the children’s service team supporting children on the autistic spectrum (ASD) and with other social communication differences.
About the role
The organisation is looking to expand their small team with the addition of a children’s service lead to manage day to day operations of the children’s sessions and activities for the service.
The right candidate will have experience working with children in an inclusive setting and present as enthusiastic and pro-active about increasing opportunities for children with Special Educational Needs.
Main purpose of role
- Planning and delivering high quality play opportunities, inclusive for all children whatever their needs
- Leading a team of SEND play workers and volunteers to deliver an excellent service to children and families
- Providing continued professional development opportunities to the team
- Managing mentoring programmes that identify needs of vulnerable children
- Working closely with statutory and non-statutory multi-agency services, to include building and maintaining relationships
- Advocating for the children’s right to play, to be listened to and to be safe
- Ensuring that the programme of activities delivered is fun, interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children using the facilities by providing a variety of play opportunities and identifying and accommodating changing needs
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all users, staff and volunteers through risk assessments for all activities, checking equipment, undertaking first line child protection measures and organising activities appropriate to the users at any given time
- Reporting and evaluating the children programmes and activities to the Director regularly
- Managing projects and budgets effectively
Core skills/ working towards skills
|Skills and experience- Desired (D) Essential (E)|
|Excellent knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Disorders||E|
|Good working knowledge of Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)||D|
|Excellent knowledge of Social Emotional Mental Health||D|
|Advanced understanding of Safeguarding children with disabilities||E|
|Experience of managing a team to delivery excellent service||E|
|Excellent understanding of Safeguarding practices||E|
|Proficient IT skills||E|
|3-year minimum experience working with children||E|
|Emphatic approach to working with families- non-judgemental attitude||E|
|Good understanding of Education Health Care Plans||E|
|Good understanding of SEND law and the Equalities Act||E|
|Previous experience of working with vulnerable families or children in need||E|
|Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal||E|
|Excellent planning and delivery||E|
|Excellent time keeping||E|
|Excellent organisation skills||E|
|Relevant SEND qualifications or additional studies||E|
|Desire to improve opportunities for children with SEND||E|
Deadline for application 14th February 2020. Applications must be received no later than 5pm.
Interviews will take place on 24th February 2020. Prospective candidates must be available to attend a formal interview on this date.
You can find the full job pack here: Sen Talk CIC -Childrens Programme Manager
*All potential job offers are subject to a clear DBS check